Welcome to the new forum!

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
nikon dogg

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

#31 Post by nikon dogg » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:06 am

hi imkap. yes thank you very much 😀😁 it should be a big help👍👍. now all i have to do is finish machining up the bits for the iris of the field diaphragm and i can start putting it all back together.

MitchW

#32 Post by MitchW » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:44 pm

I see the post for inserting/embedding YouTube videos into forum posts, but (for me anyway) the image in that for the directions for embedding does not open for me. How can I embed YT videos? I've tried multiple ways, but obviously not the correct way. Thanks.
New to microscopy after 45 years
Former gemologist and teacher
Omax M83EZ-CO2 w/Nikon Z fc
LinkMicro LM249MS

Sure Squintsalot

#33 Post by Sure Squintsalot » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:29 pm

Good for you for reaching out for this answer and trying to make an effort. Reposted from a different thread here: https://www.microbehunter.com/microscop ... 79#p138279

It'd be cool if you posted your youtube link such that one didn't have to click on it, open another tab, and leave the MicrobeHunter site to watch your clip. It's a simple step but worth it for your potential viewers as well as this site itself.

Click the youtube button above the dialog input window, and insert the youtube code for your video. In this case, the first string of letters and numbers behind the question mark. It's simple and generally good manners to keep viewers on the site itself.

Frankly, I don't understand the general laziness of many who post their content on this forum. Sure, posting protocols for this site are a little clunky, but it is free. And the fact is that forcing users off site to view your content is simply uncool. Many here, including me, won't click on an external link to view personal content.

MitchW

#34 Post by MitchW » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:52 pm

Oh my gosh! THANK YOU SO MUCH! SUCCESS! I understood "behind the ?" incorrectly but finally figured it out. Thanks again.
New to microscopy after 45 years
Former gemologist and teacher
Omax M83EZ-CO2 w/Nikon Z fc
LinkMicro LM249MS

Clifford

#35 Post by Clifford » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:25 pm

Thanks Oliver finally got access to the forum, My first post here , Cliff in Sydney Australia, currently have a 70s Japanese Denkar microscope which I’ve owned used from the 70s, can’t find much if any history on the company.
Solid round stage and variable tube length which is interesting with a mark at 170mm which is the recommended for my objectives I think