Podcast feedback/ What is life

Post recommendations here. This is also the place where announcements will be made.
thomas.schwarz

Podcast feedback/ What is life

#1 Post by thomas.schwarz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:48 pm

http://www.microbehunter.com/mh016-what-is-life/

Hi @oliver,

Fyi i am not getting email notifications on threads, like this, that i am watching. Any tipps?

Is there a better place to discuss a Podcast? Assuming no.... ...I have a question, an (unrelated) answer and an (unrelated) reason.... but all about "What is life"

Question: is the sun alive? It follows all your life characteristics except cells.. ...but Oliver what on earth is a cell?!? I say the sun is of course alive. It's super nova is, after all, in your family tree! ...if you believe modern science... which I do.

Answer: life is the relationship of cause and effect. That relationship is life.

Reason: the reason that we (modern humans) over and over seek and create imaginary borders is that we thirst for independence. It is our downfall, our fundamental ignorance. Earth is flat, earth is center of solorsystem, all we see in the night sky is the same distance away, one big bang (nothing before that), one "universe" (nothing beyond that) ...is a big part of the history of science and our fundamental craving for edges/boundaries/independent entities outside of cause and effect.

So based on those three points, enter the obvious, life evolves, it does not originate. Anything here on earth came from a supernova, and all that matter and energy evolved through cause and effect without beginning ....unless of course you believe in a creator God, that would be another imagined edge like on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome. Argh that reminds me, the lions are hungry!!!!