A Camera Disaster.

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Greg Howald

A Camera Disaster.

#1 Post by Greg Howald » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:12 pm

My brother and I share this hobby. We're into rocks, minerals and biologicals and share our research every day, both of us having the same equipment and sharing knowledge with one another. The only exception in our equipment is with computers. I'm a P C guy and he's a Mac.
I ordered an MU 1000-hs camera from Amscope and was fairly pleased with it and told him. He decided to order it and made a mistake. Instead of ordering an MU 1000 he ordered an M A 1000. A huge mistake in quality, functionality and compatibility. It don't work none to purty good with a Mac.
He sent It to me. It took me two days to get it working. It uses a different app than the Standard Amscope program and is not even recognized by that program. I had to install the different app in order to use the camera. It focusses fine but colors are off and not easy to adjust.
Be careful out there. 😃
Greg

MicroscopyUniverse

Re: A Camera Disaster.

#2 Post by MicroscopyUniverse » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:42 pm

Many thanks for sharing Greg.

Microscope cameras world is confusing and error prone. Also between models from the same brand.
I am also searching, reading, etc in order to purchase a camera and my head it’s a headache ....