Getting started with SWIFT S7-TGL (aka AmScope SM-2T-6WB) and Camera

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
microusr

Getting started with SWIFT S7-TGL (aka AmScope SM-2T-6WB) and Camera

#1 Post by microusr » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:46 pm

Right, so got myself a SWIFT S7-TGL Stereo Trinocular Microscope 7X-45X (aka AmScope SM-2T-6WB) which I'm primary going to use when performing repair on old retro computers and stereo equipment but also there is an interest in the family to use the scope study general small things around ourselves in life such as plants, flowers, stones, minerals, coins, etc. And for this there is also an interest if some of the 'images' can be captures as photograph as well. So having a Canon DSLR to ensure that I have something with a big sensor seems the most obsivious choice but having said that I'm not sure whether the microscope itself is built to provide provide good images (but I still went for trinocular scope for the purpose) and it might be easier or even as good with this scope to opt in for USB camera (reading this thread didn't look promissing...).

So I would be curious about the experience and what others have opted for in terms of hardware and adapters with regards to get as good pictures as possible with this microscope and while scanned the internet there are tons of stuff on Aliexpres, Amazon, eBay and as well stumbled over LM Microscope Adapter which seems to be on the high-end costs 5 times the scope itself :D Figuring out what route and what kit to get to photography is the first step which I hope to figure out in this thread as part of my new endevour within the world of microscope.