Hayear - 5MP USB C-mount camera (not a fan)

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
hypancistrus

Hayear - 5MP USB C-mount camera (not a fan)

#1 Post by hypancistrus » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:24 pm

So I just bought a Hayear 5MP USB 3.0 camera. I actually got it for a great price, but I'm not a fan.

... and it has nothing to do with the images. I think the image quality is fine.

I hate that it's not working as a camera, but only works with the S-EYE software.

Is this a 'noob' mistake?

The Hayear software that it came with is actually 8 years old! The site doesn't have newer drivers and the new S-EYE software doesn't seem to work either. I keep getting errors and I even downloaded the missing software it claims I'm missing. When I do that, it crashes on an error.

I've installed/reinstalled it.

I also don't like how I can't use other camera software packages to capture from it.

Am I doing something wrong?

IF not, I wanted to warn all the other people new to digital imaging for microscopes.

I've used the AMSCOPE 0.3MP (not great), the SVBONY 1.3MP (fun, but poor quality), Nikon J1 (actually pretty good, but no tethering), and now the Hayear (limited software).

I'm now looking at a Sony or Canon Mirrorless or a Rpi camera HQ.

Hobbyst46

Re: Hayear - 5MP USB C-mount camera (not a fan)

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 pm

Micam version 2 or 3 capture software is free, downloadable, and works with generic eyepiece cameras, so likely works with yours.
Toupview is great software, I am not sure it is free, but worth a try. I got it bundled with my own 5MP USB 2 non-brand camera. I recognizes the camera although it is not a Toupcam camera.
Of the APS-C mirrorless Canons, most of the M series do not perform tethering. The M50 (I and II) and M200 do. The full frame R series do AFAIK.

paulg269

#3 Post by paulg269 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:12 am

Hi, I’ve just bought one and had already downloaded Toup View. Using the USB lead, the camera was recognised immediately,I thought I had better install the program that came with the camera and it appears to be Toup View under another name.

MichaelG.

#4 Post by MichaelG. » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:04 pm

A related discussion, from 2020

https://www.microbehunter.com/microscop ... php?t=9647

MichaelG.
Handy link: http://touptek.com/download/
Too many 'projects'

MitchW

#5 Post by MitchW » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:26 pm

I believe ToupView can be directly downloaded from the Amscope site at the bottom of the page where it says "Camera Software Download".
New to microscopy after 45 years
Former gemologist and teacher
Omax M83EZ-CO2 w/Nikon Z fc
LinkMicro LM249MS