computer doesn't like software (Amscope MD500 camera)

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
cpsTN

computer doesn't like software (Amscope MD500 camera)

#1 Post by cpsTN » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:07 am

I am trying to install the software that came with my Amscope MD500 camera. The software is version 3.7. I am trying in install it on an old Compaq Presario. The message I am getting is that the processor does not support the "SSE2" instruction set. I am using Windows Vista Home. Is there a way around this or is it truly because the computer is outdated?

Since I have the software for my 1.3MP TELESCOPE camera already installed, I opened it and the camera was recognized and a pixel count of 2592x1944, which I calculate as 4.92MP, is able to be selected. Although THIS software won't allow me to take single shot images like the proper software that won't install, should this work?
Charles Sands
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

MICROSCOPES:
AO 110
...objectives, infinity:
10x plan #1021
45x achro #1116
50x plan, oil iris #1016
100x plan, oil #1024

Amscope SE305, Stereo
...objectives: 1x, 3x
...EPs: 5x, 10x, 15x

mrsonchus

Re: computer doesn't like software (Amscope MD500 camera)

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:40 am

Hi Charlie, have you tried 'Toupview' (free) microscopy software, it'll perhaps work with your camera and its very, very good indeed?
The MD500 definitely looks like a re-badged 'Toupcam' (I use one also, they're superb) - the 'Toupview' software is excellent, I use it for all the pictures I post here. :)

Have a quick look here - it may sort you out..http://touptek.com/product/product.php? ... &class2=98
here's the software page, http://touptek.com/product/product.php? ... &class2=74

It may help. :)

p.s. I wouldn't worry about your Presario - that should be able to run your camera and software with ease..
John B