Camera Problems

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
MicroMan2

Camera Problems

#1 Post by MicroMan2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:46 am

Is there a way I can mount a Canon Powershot SI 5 that can occupy the field of view? The bulge on the lens seems to limit the range of the focal point. So any solutions?

apochronaut

Re: Camera Problems

#2 Post by apochronaut » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:33 pm

There are some cheap adapters that will fit onto your eyepiece tube. I have a similar camera with an extended smooth lens section and I found one an adapter that the lens would just slide into.
When you say " occupy the field of view", I assume that you want to capture everything your eye is seeing when you look through the microscope on the sensor?
Many eyepieces do limit what the camera sees, due to the size of their exit pupil and the eyepoint. I have fiddled with quite a few, in order to solve the same problem. I once sent 13 eyepieces to someone so they could get the right one. They then made a camera mount to fit it with a 3D printer.
Fortunately, there are easily available and inexpensive eyepieces that work well. Pairs are available really cheaply. If your microscope is a 160mm tube , I can verify that an AO cat.# 146, should give good results but I'm sure there are many others too.
Hope I have understood your question correctly, and have helped to answer your question.