AMScope M500 video size notes

Here you can discuss everything related to taking light micrographs and videos.
Dennis

AMScope M500 video size notes

#1 Post by Dennis » Sun May 24, 2015 5:48 pm

The Spirotrichea video I tried something. Right click videos and choose "Properties for names and descriptions of files.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=55153FC6 ... 52667!1549
(one video after the one with the Cyclops pic.)

Anyhow not saying real good or saying anything really about the video, but someone in another post was asking questions about the AMScope USB cameras. I have the M500 five megapixel one so here is some information-

You can save videos or pictures at many sizes the largest ones being-

2592 X 1944
2048 X 1536
1280 X 1024
1600 X 1200
640 X 480
etc...

OK now say you use a 10X objective lens and want to save a video as a size 2592 X 1944. It will not work. But for say a 4X lens it will.
That being said, also that is rather large I use the 1280 X 1024 setting to save my videos. If you think you want a small video the 640 X 480 will give you a lack of detail. Keep in mind Youtube etc... will A. Resize your video and B. show it in a smaller window.

OK you got all that, I edit (join clips and cut parts out with Windows 8 Movie Maker.

The AmScope will save your clips to-
Windows/ Users/ Public/ Public Pictures

I just keep them there and go there and "Open it with "Movie Maker" or if needs no editing you can just copy/ move it to your "Videos" folder.

OK now something happens- Windows Movie Maker saves movies under various sizes the "Recommended for this Project" or for "YouTube" would be 1920 X 1080.

(NOT - 1280 X 1024)

I wish the AMScope saved the videos the same exact size. So the above mentioned movie I tried a test and made a Custom Setting in Movie Maker to match the AmScope 1280 X 1024.

It is fine for my file sharing site but Youtube will resize it anyhow so you might as well just let it render out at the stage in the game. But like I said-

Would be nice if AmScope saved movies the same exact size that everything else is going by. But if you look at my other vids which I let Movie Maker "Save as Recommended for this Project" I guess it still retains a good amount of detail.

-Dennis
Last edited by Dennis on Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dennis

Re: AMScope M500 video size notes

#2 Post by Dennis » Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Test Two- If you do create a custom save as setting for the size to keep the original size and than go to upload that video to Youtube. It will not upload. (Mine didn't after several attempts so I re-saved another version saved as "Recommended for this Project" (Windows Movie Maker.)

See AmScope needs to "Think Backwards more" The same with the proprietary objective lenses size and the lack of different sizes of them you can buy as they think the compound eyepieces will give all the needs, BUT what if you are using ONLY with the USB camera.

Anyhow You could just always saved as recommended if you edit the clips in Windows Movie Maker. Just the more things are altered the more they do not IMPROVE but degrade. Oh well.

But I might be wrong cause if saved other than it is double the MBs and seems clearer. 9porb more frames per second as well added)

-Dennis

Dennis

#3 Post by Dennis » Fri May 29, 2015 4:43 pm

OK now say you use a 10X objective lens and want to save a video as a size 2592 X 1944. It will not work.
??? Did today but I picked a high bit rate and was choppy.

-Dennis

gekko

#4 Post by gekko » Sat May 30, 2015 11:07 am

Hi Dennis,
I cannot offer opinions or advice on video because I don't know much about it. But I don't think that the microscope objective has anything to do with the file or image size your camera saves in.