Microbehunter Microscopy Magazine Logo Banner Micrographs

Microscopy Forum

Important notice: This forum is closed for new submissions. Please visit and register at the new (much better) forum:
www.microbehunter.com/microscopy-forum | Read more here!

Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

amscope t680a any advice
June 7, 2014
22:58
Forum Posts: 19

shopping for a new scope I am considering the amscope t680a.

any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

bruce

June 9, 2014
22:04
Forum Posts: 247

Please provide a link to the particular model so we can comment. ( They have hundreds of models and its tedious to fish for this particular model).

Best regards

Let there be (oblique) light.
June 12, 2014
11:32
Forum Posts: 119

Hi Bruce,

It has all the bells and whistles, but it is a old standard, the instrument is supplied with Achromatic objectives and not Plan Achromatic objectives which I would recommend particularly  if you are going to do photomicrography. Also it still uses the old fixed tube length of 160mm this is not necessarily a bad thing as you should be able to use second hand objectives from any of the top end makers who used this standard before adopting the infinity optical systems. ( there are some pit falls though )

Also be aware that the description/ specifications has one believe that the microscope comes with a 4x 10x 20x 40x 100x objective

But the packing list only lists  4x 10x 40x 100x objective. 

The lamp is 20watts which should be ok.

Ask Amscope if you can upgrade to the Plan objectives. Of course its difficult to say any thing useful about the quality of the instrument with out actually seeing it, but going by the specs it could be OK

Molehill

June 12, 2014
14:45
Forum Posts: 1536

Hi Bruce,

May I suggest that you also read the many opinions put forth in answer to variants of the question "what microscope should I buy?" in this forum section?  While these may not answer your question specifically, they may give you some additional perspective.

Forum Timezone: Europe/Vienna

Most Users Ever Online: 149

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

gekko: 1536

lucmonz: 393

Vasselle: 275

LKOLTON: 247

seb28: 200