- El Mundo de Hydra: A website with many nice micrographs
- Espacio de César: Personal Microscopy Blog in Spanish
- Micro Nut: Microscopy Blog from Harry Mueller
- Microscope talk
- Microscope World: A company blog illustrating the applications of different microscopy products.
- Microscopemaster: According to the Website: “MicroscopeMaster.com researches, reviews and compares all types of microscopes as well as examines microscopy techniques and applications.”
- MicroscopesBlog: Articles on a wide range of different topics, directly and indirectly related to microscopes.
- Microscopy Blog: Various microscopic observations.
- Practical Microscopy
Microscopy News and Products
- Microscopy News: A portal for microscopy press releases and products. Mostly high-end stuff.
- Microscopy News Blog: As the name says, a blog about recently introduced products and developments in the field of microscopy.
- Annals of Microscopy: Publication form the Microscopy Society of Singapore
- Journal of Cell Science: Downloadable articles from 1853 onwards.
- Microbe Magazine: The periodical from the American Society for Microbiology
- MicrobeHunter Microscopy Magazine: The magazine for the microscopy enthusiast
- Microbiologist: The magazine from the Society for Applied Microbiology (one issue is freely available for download)
- Microscopy Today: A magazine published by the Microscopy Society of America
- Micscape: The monthly online magazine from Microscopy UK, covering all aspects of enthusiast microscopy.
- MicrobeHunter Forum: A forum dedicated to all aspects of light microscopy
- Microscope Forums
- Mikroskopie Forum: The largest German-language microscopy forum
- Photomacrography Forum
Microscopy Shops and Chemical Supplies
- AGTC Bioproducts: A major supplier of reagents and chemicals for histology
- B&H Photo – Video – Pro Audio: A campany selling a wide range of optical equipment (including compound and stereo microscopes) located in NYC.
- MicroscopeWorld: A company blog illustrating various product-related applications.
- Swift Microscope World
- How Microscopes Work: An overview page from the popular site “How Stuff Works”
- Introduction to Optical Microscopy: A large site with much information, also more advanced information.
- Microscope Training: This site contains a range of different flash tutorials explaining the function of various microscopic techniques.
- Microscopy from the very beginning: A comprehensive introduction to microscopy, including its history.
- MicroscopyU: Visit the menu point “Microscopy Tutorials” on the left. There are also interactive tutorials included.
- Molecular Expressions: Optical Microscopy Primer
- Combine ZP: This program is able to combine different photographic images into one. It is useful for increasing the depth of field of the images.
- Helicon Focus: A program which is useful for stacking images.
- The Virtual Microscope: This free program simulates electron microscopes, light microscopes and scanning probe microscopes. This software is useful for instructional purposes.
- Virtual Histology Slides: Many zoomable histology slides for the iPad/iPhone and for online viewing.
- Microcopy Society (Singapore)
- Microscopical Society of Canada
- Microscopy Society of America
- Royal Microscopical Society (RMS)
- Society for Applied Microbiology